Thursday, May 15

rain, rain, go away!

So, in my neck of the woods, it has been raining off and on (mostly on) all week! Aren't we supposed to be in the May flowers part of Spring by now? In any event, all of this moisture has caused the dirt in the ravine behind my house to get so saturated that yesterday, three trees decided to lean on each other. The result... they all fell into my backyard!
Here is a quick pic of the craziness!
This photo is taken from the second story of my house looking down onto the ground. We have a walkout basement, so this is essentially three stories up. The red and green thing in the middle is my son's swing set. I think it's ok, but we have to get the tree off first!

On a happy note, I found this wonderful illustration that makes me smile about rain.
Illustration by Lizzie Mackay

No comments: