Friday, February 10

Aargh, Pirate Snack!



Thought I'd pop in today to share a fun little pirate themed snack that's healthy to boot! My son's preschool was doing pirate week and he was lucky enough to be snack leader one of the days. Or maybe I'm the lucky one, I love sending in a fun snack for all of the kids!

The original idea came from here. I decided to make it a touch more fun and add little pirate flags to the top! What do you think, cute... right?!

They are super simple to make too. All you have to do is slice up some apples, some cheese (I used colby jack), stick a tooth pick in and if you want, add the jolly roger! I found it easiest if the cheese slices were a bit thick so they didn't break when I was putting the tooth pick through. I did have a bit of trouble getting them to stand up. You have to be careful to balance the cheese properly. It was easiest if it sat a bit lower, closer to the apple. Best of all, I've put together a free printable of the little flags!. I printed them on full sheet label paper, cut them out and folded them around the top of the tooth pick. They would also be super cute as cupcake toppers!  Download the free printable here.

Easy, fun and healthy. Not a bad combo :)

No comments: